Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck Eye Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck Eye Roast

Did a grocery delivery and instead of an eye round (had planned to make jerky) received a Chuck Eye Roast. The look looks pretty awesome so not upset about the mistake. Any suggestions for recipes or temps/times? I am thinking I can smoke it to 135 and then slice it for sandwiches, but wanted other's thoughts as never cooked one before.

That's always a good choice. Could also do a smoked pot roast.

Comment

Have I read somewhere that the chuck eye is off the end of a prime rib roast? It seems my neighbor told me it was a wonderful cut of beef well worth the money.

Comment

Yeah I'd say that was a decent mistake there. As far as I remember Skip is right, it's the narrower end of the rib primal up toward the chuck. Probably would be good at medium rare, especially SVQed, or pot roast/braised.

Comment

I like it for pulled beef. Cook like a brisket, maybe 9 hours. The gourmet Q treatment: https://dizzypigbbq.com/recipe/clays-pulled-beef/

Comment

Check these ones out. I haven't done one in a while, kind of wetting my whistle right now

Last week I believe it was Mosca who posted an article praising the laurels of sous vide que chuck roast. The writer went on to say he thought it was as good or better than 70% of the

or this one.....

I've read some recent posts concerning tenderness complaints after grilling some chuck eye steaks. For those who may not know anything about this cut perhaps a little anatomy

It's the Prime Rib of the chuck. Enjoy that puppy and take some pix !!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here