Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecowper, thanks. I'll check it out.

Comment

Success! Now I really like my ribs but this brisket stomps all over the ribs. The texture is good and the meat is juicy. I have about 1 1/2 cups of juice from the foil and the juice is not salty, just very tasty. The photos show the completed brisket and juice as well as the cut brisket. I used my neighbor as test tasters and they really liked it. Very happy with the results. The bark was slightly crunchy but not too much. Te meat is tender but not falling apart. It pulls apart easily though.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MarkB1; December 13, 2020, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Ain't thing one wrong wit dat brisky, Brother!
        Fine Job!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 14, 2020, 12:09 AM.

That looks fantastic!! I am going to get one out of the freezer cuz now I need to eat some brisket!!

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

me thinks I'll pick up another brisket on sale and freeze for the next cook.
          Last edited by MarkB1; December 13, 2020, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s how this process works.Many congrats on your first of many brisket cooks!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            a local store has briskies $1.99/lb this week, might jus haveta git me one or two, an try an beat yer cook.

Wish me luck!
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 14, 2020, 12:10 AM.

Oh, I also used Meathead's cookbook. Very good info.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup.
            It most certainly is, Good Sir!

I'm so happy to see how well ya done!

There’s nothing like the excitement and anticipation over your first brisket cook. I put my first off for years - read every article and book twice before taking the plunge. That first brisket came out great and it’s my favorite cut to this day.

You’re on the success path to delicious barbecue. Keep up the good work!

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here brisket can be so hard to find up here and really expensive when you do find it so I took my time too not wanting to ruin the meat.

Great job!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here