Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Brisket ever and with the Slow-n-Sear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's 6:00 AM here in Ketchikan and I just woke up to this awesome cook. Bravo! Thanks for the kind words. I'm thrilled the SnS is working so well for you.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Pit Boss! I added a review to the ABCbarbecue.com review section.
      Last edited by Powersmoke_80; July 5, 2015, 09:54 AM.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      THANKS! Great review!

KETCHICAN!! I sincerely hope you are vacationing, David Parrish !! And fishing. Mostly fishing. I've done someone fishing (and catching) a bit north of where you are, around St. Petersburg.

Whatever brings to that beautiful part of our Country, have a great time, safe travels and following seas.

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW!!!

THAT sounds like fun! Hope you have the time of your life!

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! It was pretty awesome. I'll have to post some pics.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      PLEASE DO!!

Do any fishing while you were there? Any good fish tales??

WELCOME HOME and WELCOME BACK, David Parrish !!

Dayum, Powersmoke_80 , you REALLY nailed it!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Comment

Thanks richinlbrg, Two awards LOL!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	6a00d8341c4e6153ef00e54fa695918834-800wi.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	94916
      Attached Files

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        A favorite expression of mine!!

But, me thinks, not applicable here.

Awesome job Powersmoke_80 !! You mentioned you were a newbie with charcoal? You pulled it off like a seasoned pro.. An i mean it .. And you got to sleep as well.. Awesome. As a newbie to charcoal myself you gave me new confidence to do more with my SnS than great steaks and chicken. That scary brisket is on my to do soon list .. Thank you..

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
        Powersmoke_80 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Steve Vojtek, Breadhead, for your kind words, I can say this from the bottom of my heart this forum and all the people on here have made me a better cook from posting so much valuable information. When I got a hold of Prime Brisket for that price I had to try it. I have done a number of chuckies on the pellet grill with great results but brisket was on my list as well. My original idea was to cook on the kettle till wrap and then put on the pellet grill to finish to control temp but decided after the Kettle & SnS was so easy to control I let her ride.
        Last edited by Powersmoke_80; July 5, 2015, 11:44 AM.

Powersmoke80... That's an impressive cook for a beginning charcoal effort. Good going. I give you a...

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
        Powersmoke_80 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right back at you for your "Teaching Steve Vojtek how to make sourdough bread post" I will be going back to that when I get time for trying out making bread on the pellet grill. I haven't read it all but what i did was impressive! I seen a recipe awhile back for a Polish Smoked Chicken Calzone that I am dying to try on the pellet grill as well.

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Powersmoke_80. Making bread doesn't require much hands on effort. It's like smoking a brisket low and slow. It's a lot of waiting for the water, flour and yeast to do its thing.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here