Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picanha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picanha!

It's my wife's birthday all damn month tomorrow, so we went to the butcher to see what I felt like being told I'm making her for dinner tomorrow.

I feel like I'm pretty OK being told that this is what I want to make:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_23ee.jpeg
Views:	439
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	933775

Name:	fullsizeoutput_23ed.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	933776

Some scallops, a salad, and... I dunno. Either polenta, risotto, or maybe couscous.

Winner. No matter what you do for the details. Yum.

Comment

That’s some great marbling there. That’s my second favorite cut of beef to grill right behind the Ribeye.

The Picanha has the better flavor between the two but the tenderness of the Ribeye has it slightly ahead of the Picanha in my opinion.

I don’t think you’ll have any tenderness problems with that one though.

Comment

I concur with ssandy_561 concerning his cut of meat preference.
        What is your plan for cooking rotisserie? Or grilling? I like your cous cous idea it is somewhat like farofa(sp) in my opinion which you get at churasco style restaurants around here.
        Wishing your wife a Happy Birthday and much success to you on the "Voluntold" cook. BTW no pressure on those cook's at all.
        Last edited by tiewunon; November 4, 2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

The Lucky Lady will receive the Royal Treatment.

Comment

You're a good husband. I bet your wife will love her birthday dinner.

And P.S. I thought all wives celebrate their birthdays for the whole month, just like the Queen of England. You better buy more meat.

Kathryn

Comment

This wife of yours knows how to properly celebrate.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Very nice, your wife obviously has very good taste!

Comment

Mmmm

I love picanha, or as my wife jokingly calls it meat watermelon. Insanely juicy, tender, and great beefy flavor. It’s a tossup between picanha and Tri tip for my favorite cut of beef, your wife is in for a treat!

throw it on the rotisserie if you got one with a small piece of wood add some type of carb to cut the grease as a side and you’re in business. Wife and I ate till we were nearly sick.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0ED0CAD1-C4A6-4463-8BA1-FB56D9DE3D86.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.62 MB ID:	933977Click image for larger version  Name:	972B0484-0167-4B84-BD7A-F8E03890688C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.04 MB ID:	933978

Name:	image_129347.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	933980
                    Last edited by TNPIGBBQ; November 4, 2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Keeping this simple. Cut into steaks, seasoned with salt, reverse searing.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_23f1.jpeg
Views:	306
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	934170

Comment

Wow. I've had picanha at Brazilian steakhouses before but this was my first time cooking it. Turns out i've never really had picanha before. I think I broke ribeyes. And maybe even tri tip.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_23f3.jpeg
Views:	308
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	934195

Comment

Congrats on the cook. Looks darn good.
                          Resist cutting off the fat cap if you have left overs. With fat cap still attached picanah is not bad reheated. Without not so much.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here