Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st attempt corned beef and Katz pastrami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st attempt corned beef and Katz pastrami

I used the recipes on the site, started with 2 flats, both a little over 7.5 lbs, down to about 6.8 after trimming. Pastrami smoked on my smokefire ex6.

Thank you for the detailed recipes/process, as both of these turned out fantastic.

Attached Files

Looks like you nailed it. Good job.

Comment

Yum, looks nice & juicy!

Comment

great Job
        You Done Good !

Comment

Wow! Nice work. This is my favorite recipe on the site. No question.

Comment

Wooo weee! That is Tennessean for damn fine job.

Comment

Nice job. Looks delicious!

Comment

Good looking cook!

Comment

That pastrami looks so tasty!

Kathryn

Comment

Looks awesome. You’ve inspired me to finally try this recipe.

Comment

• mcombs910
                      mcombs910 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The directions and recipes are very straightforward. I ordered the prague#1 off Amazon, as I could not find locally. Used the cure calc for the amount of time to cure, and then a water bath for a day to desalinate. I always like to cook the recipe I am using once, and then determine if I would modify. Here, not sure I would change anything.

• mcombs910
                      mcombs910 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The biggest challenge was likely the container to cure in. Used 2 full steam pans, took a lot of space in my beer fridge, and was quite heavy with the water. Will likely try bags next time, thinking that may be a little easier.

• BillyBriskets
                      BillyBriskets commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Got a whole packer in the cure now. Looking like pastrami will be on the thanksgiving menu lol

Here are some pics while they were curing. If you have not tried this yet, highly recommend. Both are great, but the pastrami is truly fantastic.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here