Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct grilled minute steak with pineapple wedges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct grilled minute steak with pineapple wedges

Here’s a recipe that uses direct grilling for once. I do a lot of low n’ slow, and wanted to do a quick grill this time, and decided to do a fresh summer pasta. To add flavor to the meat, I mixed together a herb butter. Minute steaks are super thin slices from the inside rear leg of a cow.

Butter ingredients
    • 2 oz butter
    • 2 sundried tomatoes (2 pieces in oil)
    • 2 anchovies (for saltiness)
    • a small bunch of parsley
    Chop the tomatoes, anchovies and parsley well. Mix well with the butter using a fork. Let it rest in the fridge until you need it. I rolled it up to a cylinder, so it would be easy to slice later.

Butter in the making
    Click image for larger version

Name:	minute_steak_butter_prep.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	93328

Butter all mixed up, here you see the sundried tomatoes also

Name:	minute_steak_butter.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	93327

I fired up the grill, getting it real hot for searing only. I had it running at 400° F. First I put on the pineapple wedges (brushed with maple syrup), as I figured they needed the most time, and gave them a nice char. I then brushed the steaks with Dijon mustard on both sides, put them on the grate.

Minute steaks, brushed with mustard

Name:	minute_steak_mustard.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	93330

Steaks getting seared

Name:	minute_steak_on_grate.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	93332
    When the steaks are all done (shouldn’t take any more than a few minutes), I placed them on a piece of aluminum foil and layered them with a piece of the butter between each, then wrapping it all up. I let it rest for a few minutes, so the butter melted and distributed evenly.

Layer the steaks with the resting butter

Name:	minute_steak_resting.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	93331

I served it all with fresh pasta (pappardelle), and slices of Chèvre (goat’s cheese), and more of the herb butter. It turned out real nice, I must say, and it was fun to do a quick cook for once.

And the plate, ready to serve

Name:	minute_steak.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	93333

Attached Files

You're making me hungry, Henrik! Thanks for posting the great photos and the recipe.

Kathryn

Comment

I agree! That is a beautiful thing, Henrik... thanks!

Comment

Thanks guys, sometimes you just wannna eat, and not be bothered with waiting 5-7 hours. This was one of those days. I gotta say; that resting butter really took it to the next level. On the other hand, by adding butter, how could you go wrong?

Comment

Haha, so true, everything is better with butter. Which explains my current physique. Great looking cook Henrik. Sometimes you just gotta go hot and fast. Nice post brother.

-Jonh

Comment

Good thing I "gots" a plate of food in front of me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here