Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roast Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast Beef

Tried my hand at roast beef this past weekend. Flavor is great and will never buy from store again. So easy to do.
    Attached Files

Way to go 👊. Home made roast beef is da bomb, and that’s all there is to it. I absolutely love it.

Comment

You Done Good!
      Yahoo!
      So you opinion of meat church seasonings, Plz.

Comment

Yep, there's an X factor in flavour that store bought food just can't match, I reckon it's love for the food, great job mate

Comment

What was the cut you used?

Comment

Great job. Making some sandwiches by chance? What cut is that?

Comment

Figure the easiest way is to give my recipe notes
              Idea came from here: https://girlscangrill.com/recipe/smo...de-lunch-meat/

Homemade Deli Roast Beef
              • 3 pound eye of round
              • Rub of choice
              • Plastic wrap

• Trim excess fat from meat
              • Pat dry
              • Coat with rub
              • Wrap in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator overnight
              • Cooking Temp is 250, may need to adjust temp to 275 based on ambient probe temps
              • Cook/Smoke until 135 internal temperature
                • 1.5 - 2 hr
              • Let cool/rest for 1 hr
              • Wrap in plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator overnight
              • Using sharp filet knife, slice to desired thickness across grain
              • Can store in refrigerator for 3-5 days
                • Freeze excess

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                We marinate our in red wine, garlic and herbs. Then sear and sous vide. We use eye round, too.

Originally posted by bbqLuv View Post
              You Done Good!
              Yahoo!
              So you opinion of meat church seasonings, Plz.
              I like the Meat Church seasonings. I use them all the time. This was the first time using the Holy Gospel, but I really like it. I use the Gospel - All Purpose and Honey Hog BQQ as well as the Bacon Honey Hog when I can find it. Have a pork butt going in tomorrow using Gospel and Honey Hog, will post when that is going.

Comment

Love using eye of round for beef jerky, but for beef I love top sirloin roast, smoked and then charred while still rare, rest and then sliced thin on slicer, so good

Comment

With eye of round, you do NOT want to go past medium (which you didn't of course). It's super lean and can be pretty tough when cooked too much.

Comment

Love Meat Church rubs!

Comment

Nice job, eye of the round is my go to for roast beef around here.
                      Other cuts are just too pricy. .

Comment

A good slicer is an investment that pays. You can make many deli meats yourself better. Ham, bacon. Etc.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here