Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First pulled beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pulled beef

So i have a 3lb 2oz Chuck roast that will be pulled beef at some point tomorrow. Dry brined yesterday. Big Bad beef rub tonight. Looking forward to it. Using Hickory chunks. 275 temp. Wrapping mid stall. Hoping it will get done in a decent time frame. Wish me luck

Looking Sweeeeewet
    Last edited by DWCowles; June 26, 2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Excellent!

You got this... show us pics!

Comment

I did that cook last week on my Big Green Egg... I didn't wrap. It was very tasty. I also had some shorties on the top shelf.

Comment

It has been getting smoke for am hour now. Should i put another chunk on or is this good enough? I haven't done much beef so I'm unsure if it gets ruined by smoke easy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150627_080603.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	92852 Hour and a half in. 118 degrees
          Last edited by DeusDingo; June 27, 2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• smarkley
            smarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            Deus you got it happening man... it is gonna be good, I can just tell

so there is a little voice in my head who acts like he knows everything and he bases everything on "feel". at 2:45 the beef temp was 205. it had been wrapped since about 1pm so it hadn't been wrapped too terribly long. my voice told me he "feels" like it cooked long enough. so i take the chucky out at 205 and put it in my faux cambro. i go back to my project which hits a stopping point 45 minutes later and my wife is "snacky" and the voice in my head says he "feels" like 45 minutes is enough. so i take it out and start to shred it. i notice right away it doesn't shred like i think it should. it's definitely tender but i am expecting pulled pork type shredding and i am getting some tug. i pour some of the juices in with it to boost the flavor. i try it and it is awfully tasty and quite tender. wife loves it. i notice after shredding it and letting it cool it starts to dry out a bit. i get sad. i pour more of the juices on to the meat to save it (i had over a cup, is that a lot for 1 chucky?) and it does do quite a bit. i know it's good. it's tasty and i keep going back for more but i'm still kicking myself knowing i probably should have gone to 207 and i probably should have let it cambro for twice as long as it did. i give it a 9/10. notes for next time. i need to stop listening to mr.feels and keep listening to pit boss!Click image for larger version

Name:	20150627_153514.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	92939

Comment

• smarkley
            smarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            Well IT looks awesome... you are doing good! Enjoy!

• DeusDingo
            DeusDingo commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks smarkley after i got over my lack of perfection i did realize it was awesome. i'm glad i pulled it off. i certainly wouldn't have done this without this website, that's for sure

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here