Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRF Brisket has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be the rub that I will be applying to the beast Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0098.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	94086

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      "I will probably wrap it after it gets the bark that I'm looking for so It might be around 170-180 IT."

Yeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      DWCowles you are going to absolutely love that rub man. That stiff is so good!!!! The folks at Oakridge have a real gem there.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      I decided not to wrap

The rub is on...let the cook begin... Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0110.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	94470

Comment

Woo hoo!

Comment

It is now 1:47 am central time and the brisket is in a stall @165 IT. Just threw a log on... Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0112.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	94500

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
          Powersmoke_80 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a beautiful sight DW, I bet that Lang was getting a little jealous of that rec-tec and i'll bet she is going to turn out an Awesome brisket so you won't side step Her again! Lol!

The top temp is closest to the firebox and the probe is about 2" from the point. The bottom temp is between the brisket and the two butts. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0115.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	94502

Comment

Is this for lunch tomorrow? Why an all-nighter?

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee Going to eat around noon. I also have 10 racks of BBR that will be going in the Rec-Tec around 8am plus a Cajun shrimp boil in the afternoon. We usually go all out on the 4th of July

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            DWCowles How big are your BBs? Unless you've consistently had them take 4 hrs before, you may wish to give 'em longer. Mine usually take in the 5-7 neighborhood on the 2.5-3lbers FWIW.

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee the ribs took six hrs.

Yeah I wish I lived in KY. And NC. And PA. And TX.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            DWCowles Sounds like you have plenty of time to try it out. You've seen Aaron Franklin & John Markus' video on the differences, right?

• PaulstheRibList
            PaulstheRibList commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee Don't forget Louisiana!

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            PaulstheRibList how could I forget? LA too. Tour De USA.

The Rec-Tec is full Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0116.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	418.2 KB
ID:	94583

Comment

The brisket was gone in less than 10 mins. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0117.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	94824 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0118.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	94825

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            HAHAHA!!! look at that thing!!!!!! (Sorry I get a little loopy when I see brisket!) That black ops is just a crazy bark builder. All compliments to the chef as well!!! Great Job. That just looks like crazy perfection to me!!! DWCowles

• PaulstheRibList
            PaulstheRibList commented
            Editing a comment
            DWCowles, that is beautiful!

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Spinaker and PaulstheRibList

Cajun Shrimp boil went well also... Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0119(1).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	94827

Comment

OMG. You have some lucky friends!

Comment

That brisket looks yummy!

Comment

DWCowles WOWZER! awesome brisket, love shrimp, but were are the rib pics?

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              Powersmoke_80 by the time the ribs were done the guess had arrived and I just forgot about taking a pic. Maybe since I was up all night feeding Lil Monster with hickory logs and only got two hrs of sleep before the guess showing up had something to do with that. I will tell you that there were alot of rib bones on the plates.

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sweet!

Brisket looks terrific, was it quite different from what you normally get?

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              _John_ I can't say if it was different or not because I only had one little piece while I was slicing it. After the DW put it on the picnic table it was gone before I had a chance get out there, But the little piece that I did get was fantastic.

Powersmoke_80 Here's a pic of the ribs that one of the guess took. Click image for larger version

Name:	11722351_872991659442335_2715331342826838385_o.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	94911
            Last edited by DWCowles; July 5, 2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Now that's what i'm Talkin' Bout, You Da Man DW!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here