Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun Cook - Allen Bros Beef Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun Cook - Allen Bros Beef Ribs

Click image for larger version

Name:	image10 (2).jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	907405Click image for larger version

Name:	image5 (1).jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	907409Click image for larger version

Name:	image6 (1).jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	907407Click image for larger version

Name:	image7 (1).jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	907408Click image for larger version

Name:	image3 (1).jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	907412Click image for larger version

Name:	image2 (3).jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	907411Click image for larger version

Name:	image0 (4).jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	907413

I made a brisket Saturday that I did not intend to make and used up all of my charcoal, so Instead of smoking the beef ribs I did a redwine braise, but did the whole cook on the gasser! Started by S&P on the ribs and seared them off in a dutch oven. Then garlic, carrots celery and garlic. Then added tomato paste till in caramelized. Deglazed with a Cab and beef stock. Put the ribs back in with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary. Strained the juice and separated the fat and reduced by half. Served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes.....Was really happy with the results!!

Attached Files

Sounds like all's well, that Ends well, then
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 8, 2020, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Beef ribs, them are good, Think I will try smoking singles.

Comment

Ive had "ran out of fuel" cooks as well. us new englanders gotta get ready for our winter braises sometime. looked like a great meal!

Comment

I just can't get the picture out of my head of you looking outside and asking, "How'd that brisket get out there?"
          I mean, for me a brisket is a week long plan, but apparently they can in fact take you by surprise! Good looking beef ribs by the way. I do like me some slow braised beef.

Comment

Were the Allen Brothers ribs very fatty? I'm planning on placing an order, but would like to know in advance how those ribs are. Husband hates fatty meats.

Kathryn

Comment

• pjlstrat
              pjlstrat commented
              Editing a comment
              There were 4 ribs in the pack and they were not bad. Two were perfect and two had some fat running through but I would not consider it extreme.

I’ve made a similar dish to this, and wow was it wonderful! Love seeing the mirepoix then wine to scrape up all the goodness left in the pot from the beef ribs!

Thanks for sharing this great dish with us!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here