Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off to a good start, I think....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to a good start, I think....

So I'm meeting the parents this weekend at a AirBnB lake cabin we've rented for a long weekend on the water before our daughter starts school... we hope...

We don't want to spend a lot of time cooking, so I decided to do a Chuck Roast QVQ to take up there. There's a charcoal grill there that I'll finish it on, but that's gonna be an adventure as I have pretty much no experience with charcoal. I'll wing that when I get there. Figure set it up for indirect cooking with a couple chunks of wood for smoke and call it good. (Advice appreciated!)

When I was at Sams, they had chuck roasts (a 2 pack) on sale. So... I'm now doing two of them. They dry-brined yesterday afternoon, smoked on the Traeger to 135°F, then went into the Sous Vide at 135°F where they will sit until about 9:00 Wednesday night. (72 hrs or so in the bath)

So far, I think it's good. Never done QVQ before, but I'm excited to see how this turns out.
    Attached Files

Sounds delicious. Planning a quick sear, then slicing, or smoking to get pulled beef?

Comment

• Duckman_OK
      Duckman_OK commented
      Editing a comment
      I did one SVQ a week or so ago. I brought it back up to temp and then seared it off on my gasser. Think I'll do the same on this one.

You are going to really like that. I did one just like that a few weeks ago. I let it go a little long on the second Q and it was a little past medium, but it was still really good. And I only left it in the tub for 30 hours.

Comment

Looks solid, brother. Gonna be a good chuckie
      ​​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here