Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is brisket supposed to look like this ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is brisket supposed to look like this ???

So I always slice a bit off the flat 90 degrees to the grain prior to cooking in order to know for sure how to slice. I cook that and eat it of course. But it rarely looks like this!! Click image for larger version

Name:	506B65DF-E196-4F4B-97F7-D482B6AA95AC.jpeg
Views:	407
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	890691 I have had prime steaks that weren’t that well marbles. And that is the flat. Here is the better half and the tag. I’m hoping for the best yet. Not used to paying 6.99 a pound so expectations are running high

Click image for larger version

Name:	42AC0A88-CC9C-4EEB-9479-297A20C174DF.jpeg
Views:	392
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	890690Click image for larger version

Name:	CF607D55-DE3E-45C4-9512-0CAFA761325E.jpeg
Views:	406
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	890689

Nope. Ain't sposed to look like that!

Better just drive it down to The Heights and let me take care of that for ya

Comment

Wagyu!!!!! Heck yeah it should look like that!

I’ve made wagyu brisket a few times, both times it cooked quicker, so just keep an eye on it.

Comment

I smoked one on Fri night that resembled yours, not labeled a wagyu but came out just fine.
        Like @barefly said I was surprised by just how fast it cooked, it was 18lbs or so and was done in 9 hours.
        Way faster than I had planned for, good thing was it held up well in an almost 8 hour cambro.

Comment

Be honest, you just wanted to brag about that price/lb, right?

Comment

• fracmeister
            fracmeister commented
            Editing a comment
            Well now that you mention it... I always buy USDA prie briskets anyway since HEB will have them for 3.49 or so. But Wagyu is a serious step up. And on this one I hardly trimmed anything.

That’s real nice. I’m about to pay 11 bucks a pound.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
            That’s real nice. I’m about to pay 11 bucks a pound.
            California tax. You have to expect some benefits to living in TX since we don't have the pier and all the other benefits of living in Surf City USA!

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah. The weather though!

It is going to be one good tasting brisket.

Comment

Yes, it should always look like that. Too bad it usually doesn't.

Comment

I'd be bragging just the same. That looks like you in for a great treat. Need I say enjoy.

Comment

Not exactly a humblebrag, but a kissing cousin of that.
                  Nice buy.

Comment

Those HEB wagyu briskets are the real deal. And yes they are that striated. They source their wagyu through Mishima Reserve which has excellent meat. I also use their ground beef, makes outstanding hamburgers, meatballs and meat loaf. Fire that puppy up, they make super tender and flavorful results !!!

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-on-a-weber-26

Comment

So far so good. Click image for larger version

Name:	CF57AD93-1E01-4E59-9007-4BEB50458469.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	891045

Comment

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So far so excellent! I'm getting in my car now!!

I know it is wrong but I have been slicing wee bits off. Not done At 170f but man it tastes good

Comment

Wow. Amazing. Click image for larger version

Name:	A0AB24D4-169B-42F0-9FAF-F0E22F278359.jpeg
Views:	161
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	891188Click image for larger version

Name:	C2D57C13-F61C-4DDD-99D7-9927616DDE2B.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	891189

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here