Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomo al Trapo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lomo al Trapo

Was Tubing last evening and got deep down the BBQ rabbit hole and came across this.

I’m not sure how much flavor the wine soaked kitchen towel brings to the party but it would be cool to serve this at a dinner party.

Looks impressive, but the lack of any Maillard reaction is a deal breaker for me.

Comment

I’ve not done the wine version but have done the serious eats version salt encrusted in the towel. You will get a huge gradient in the meat, basically rare in the very center and well done on the edge. Be very careful you don’t over cook it. It will carry over a lot. The salt is also intense on the edges and none in the middle.

You’ll have to slice it because a whole slice with all that contrast is really excellent and of course it’s a huge show to burn up a towel and extract the beef.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	92036A1E-AEF3-46CE-8197-BDFBF78A1532.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	877213Click image for larger version

Name:	472BA67B-41EF-4AC8-B961-7789C3F630D3.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	877212 Tenderloin is kind of boring. This is one fun way to do it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here