Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSJ Chuck Roast cook day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	C02F504C-5647-498A-ADF7-88A77C2F0E47.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	133.9 KB ID:	870334Click image for larger version  Name:	4BD82CC0-BFC7-4465-8240-27DA9A22C526.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	85.4 KB ID:	870333Click image for larger version  Name:	DEF519A0-25E5-4FF0-88FA-E0CA66C4138F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	107.9 KB ID:	870332Click image for larger version  Name:	C0105BA6-7268-4AD6-AD7B-690B3C9D9AF9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	148.6 KB ID:	870331 Oh! My! God! I think I just had a beefgasm (TM)! Pulled it at 185.... bark was gorgeous! it had just a very slight chew to it, but was so damned juicy & flavorful.... I’d have let it go longer to get that "jiggle" back, but the flavor & juiciness we’re perfect, have the wife a taste and she called it! No complaints here! The two of us killed the whole 1.8 lb roast with no sauce, just coleslaw on the side... not a scrap left for the dogs! I’m learning & very "green", but my best BBQ effort so far! And have 3 more in the fridge to improve on! Thanks for all the advice!
    Last edited by patcrail; June 26, 2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Really Nice Job, Brother!
      That looks Delicious, inside, an out!!!

• patcrail
      patcrail commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones , thanks, I appreciate that! It was damned delicious, I learned a LOT on this cook.... there is room for improvement, for sure, but that’s what this is all about for me: learning, sharing, and, above all, eating great meat while learning! And the Ol Lady is already asleep after coming back for seconds, so at this point, I think I could sell a kidney & buy an EOS if I wanted.... I’m having a blast with the WSJ, though, and seriously pondering just a bigger Weber Kettle & a SNS

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice work! That's what BBQ is about. Enjoying the time while you are cooking, thinking on your feet. And beer.

@Mr Bones , tip of the hat to you for all the advice ahead of this cook! As always, room for improvement, but learned way more than I F’d up, end result was an 8 out of 10, and I have 3 more of these in the fridge and one very happy wife! Not to mention a full belly with not a scrap left. Thank ya, brother- you helped me understand what I thought I understood, as the blind man said to the deaf man .... or something along them lines.... it was a 19 beer cook, so this is what ya get, lol 😎

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many Thanks fer them Kind Words, Brother!!!
      It is always my distinct pleasure to be of any assistance!

OK, I'm confused. What does the Wall Street Journal have to do with any of this? Great cook!

Comment

• patcrail
      patcrail commented
      Editing a comment
      JCGrill , What do you use to light your coals? The Journal is the least useful one to me nowadays, lol 😂... thanks brother

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here