Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye of prime rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye of prime rib

This was outstanding!! Bought a whole primal of prime ribeye from Costco about 20 lbs. Trimmed it up and got 6-2" rib eye steaks, 6 rib eye cap steaks about 3-1/2 " wide and what would amount to a 4 bone prime eye of the rib eye roast. I had about 5 lbs. of waste, so not to happy about that.

Dry brined the roast with about a 1/4 tsp Kosher salt per lb., because I was going to add a rub that was also salty. I rubbed with Worcestershire sauce and then applied Oakridge BBQ Spogos as a base coat. Made a paste of Mrs. O'Leary's Rub (2 TBS, 1 TBS of a rub call Grunt and 3 TBS of water). Grunt has larger pieces of salt, garlic, black pepper and red pepper. Cooked on the PK360 @225 for about 2 hours until 125 IT, seared on the grill gates for about 1-1/2 minutes per all four sides. Made a mild mustard, horseradish sauce from Ina Garten.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image 4-12-20 at 7.13 PM (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.4 KB ID:	830962Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_590.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	144.1 KB ID:	830964Click image for larger version  Name:	Image 4-12-20 at 7.13 PM (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.1 KB ID:	830961Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_58e.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	138.8 KB ID:	830963
    Last edited by wrgilb; April 12, 2020, 09:44 PM.

That looks great.

Comment

Wow!!! Tube steak extraordinaire!!

Comment

Man that looks mighty tasty !!!

Comment

Ahhh that looks great.. love me some prime rib!!

Comment

Something else on my list to do....great job!

Comment

That is one beauty of a cook. Hearty congrats to you, wrgilb

Kathryn

Comment

Oh heck yeah. That’s what I’m talking about.
                Beautiful.

Comment

Nice cook.
                  I was eyeing up one of these Thurs, looked at turkey too, but had already purchased a spiral ham for Easter.
                  Without the big family gathering just wasn't the need for it.

Comment

Very nice. Slap that sucker in a loaf of sourdough and it’s off to the races.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here