Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liver, brains, heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s what’s fer breakfast, liver fried, onions fried, with a couple of cacklebarries lookin at ya. Like the touch with a little bacon, yessir. My momma didn’t raise no wienie.
    It probably takes a little longer for the folk at the top of the post to pitch it cuz it takes a few seconds to say eewwwwwwww ickkkkkk! 🕶
    Last edited by FireMan; February 2, 2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

what kind of critter? Beef brained can go in barbacoa, and make it very creamy like. Squirrel brains fried go well with scrambled eggs (my papaw taught me that) or can be mixed with chews and left to ferment for some dynamite catfish punch bait. Lots liver recipes out there. eaten deer, beef, and chicken heart many ways.

Comment

Organ meats are supposed to be great for you, but I've always struggled with finding savory ways to enjoy them. Re: liver, I like classic chopped liver and liverwurst sausage made from chicken or beef livers with beef suet.

Comment

Beef heart trimmed and marinated makes good jerky. Liver is great catfish bait. I'll trade liver for catfish any day! Much as texastweeter mentioned brains and Limburger cheese mixed and left for a few days will catch catfish, but it smells so bad I won't go near it. There's also the issue of prions in brains that cause mad cow in cattle and chronic waisting in deer. I don't recall the proper name of the condition in humans, but it's bad. It's just different tastes for different people. I love oysters, my wife won't even watch me eat them.

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here