Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holding prime boneless chuck short ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding prime boneless chuck short ribs

Have 3.25 pounds prime boneless short ribs (Costco) that I am smoking in my Camp Chef 24 Smoke Vault according to Meathead’s Texas ribs prep. My question concerns the hold. I am not going to crutch the meat but want to know how to handle the hold. Should I wrap them in paper or foil to go into Cambo or leave them unwrapped in a warm oven?

I'm gonna be doing a couple of plate ribs and a CAB boneless short rib on Sunday and plan on wrapping in foil and resting them in a Cambro for 2-3hrs. This is my first boneless short rib but I have done plenty plate ribs in the past and always wrap and Cambro them.

Comment

I would do foil in a cambro if you want to hold them. I have also just gone right from the smoker, unwrapped, to the table and they come out very nice.

Comment

I’m not sure what Costco calls boneless short ribs are from the plate to begin with. You may be dealing with cuts from the chuck roll. If so different approach, more like cooking chuck.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here