Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagyu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagyu

Great article from the Serious Eats folks on Wagyu.

That was a good read. Thanks for the post. The visual differences between the Japanese and American versions are insane.

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      Japanese Wagyu, pure breed.
      American Wagyu - Almost certainly is crossbreed with Angus.

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Bkhuna yup, but even knowing that the visual difference is stunning

I agree with the author, a little bit of that kind of goodness goes a long way. I was treated to some true A5 Kobe at a private opening of a Benihana’s. We were actually treated to a number of Japanese delicacies that made it one of the best meals I’ve ever had.

The Kobe had that unctuous fat taste you get by eating pure beef tallow. Of course we were only given small pieces of meat at a time but I could easily tell it was getting old fast.

I also agree with his conclusion, get a good aged prime steak. Save your money. I want to experience the richness of the meat mixed with some fat, not fat with a little meat

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      I prefer prime anyway. More beef flavor.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here