Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bistecca alla Fiorentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bistecca alla Fiorentina

...or Steak Florentine. If I could choose one thing that brought me close to a culinary religious experience, it would be to properly prepare and eat one of these steaks. There is nothing more simplistic, ethereal and satisfying as a large porterhouse cooked over open fire with minimal seasoning. For the Florentine's it's a 3 or 4 finger steak (meaning approximately 3" thick), aged in a meat locker for 21 days, seasoned with salt and cracked black pepper and cooked over direct heat using oak or some other hardwood. It's generally served rare.

Here I present my version, as close as I could make it, to this classic presentation. I started with a trip to my butcher to have him cut me a true 4 finger CAB porterhouse steak......

Click image for larger version  Name:	steak flor 01.jpg Views:	55 Size:	8.08 MB ID:	767543Click image for larger version  Name:	steak flor 03.jpg Views:	58 Size:	7.17 MB ID:	767542

.....that I dry aged in an Umai dry aging bag for 21 days. When it was time to cook this bad boy, I salt brined it over night with Kosher salt, hit it with a generous amount of cracked black pepper, then grilled it over a live fire using some oak mini-logs. Cooked to medium rare it was simply sliced, and served with fresh cut lemon wedges and some rock salt.

All I can add was that it was definitely akin to attending Meat Church Brother Trout wonders if I can get an Amen?

Click image for larger version  Name:	steak flor 04.jpg Views:	58 Size:	6.85 MB ID:	767544Click image for larger version  Name:	steak flor 05.jpg Views:	59 Size:	5.94 MB ID:	767545
    Last edited by Troutman; November 12, 2019, 08:17 AM.

Amen brother!

Praise the steak and pass the lemon...

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Culinary perfection !!!!

Comment

Oh my

Comment

WOW and an Amen!

Comment

dang that's a beautiful steak made even more so with extra TLC

Comment

Lookin' good.

Comment

Amen, brother! That cow sure didn't die in vain...

Comment

Amen, hallelujah and this:

Comment

And all these:

Comment

• Troutman
                        Troutman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Some folk can sure gets worked up. Praise JESUS !!!!!

• klflowers
                        klflowers commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Troutman, Praise Jesus for sure, and I am his man, but that steak you made had me doing the holy dance - in my mind anyway. I'd throw my back out if I tried it for real.

a scene in blues brothers comes to mind....

Comment

• Polarbear777
                        Polarbear777 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Who is doing the flips down the aisle?

I'll give you an AMEN on this one brother Steve. Beautiful presentation as well.

Comment

Absolutely marvelous and I must say I love how a few pieces of sausage snuck up onto the plate.

Comment

well done!
                          Last edited by barelfly; November 16, 2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here