Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

19 hr brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19 hr brisket

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191107_180433.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.77 MB ID:	767013Click image for larger version  Name:	20191109_150745.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.83 MB ID:	767014Click image for larger version  Name:	20191109_151628.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.90 MB ID:	767015 put this on my wsm 22 at 8pm fri., 10 am sat. wrapped put in oven at 250. (internal temp 170) pulled from oven at 1pm (internal temp 204) placed in cooler until 3pm. cut and ate until i was brisket drunk, this was the best piece of meat i have smoked i think thanks to this website!!!

dry brine 26 hrs.bbbr , apple and mesquite chunks, royal oak , used my pitmaster iq 120 for the first time that was a game changer.
    Last edited by marshall; November 9, 2019, 08:44 PM.

Well done. Great looking brisket

Comment

That's the way to do it.

Comment

Brisketdrunk, two of my favorite things in one word. You sir, are a wordsmith

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          lol

Brisket done well. Nectar of the gods. Man that last drink has made me poetic or maybe it is just your brisket. Looks amazing.

Comment

Nice Jon on this one.. Looks mighty fine!

Comment

That was a looong cook, but the brisket looks perfect!

Comment

I like your wording- brisketdrunk, I think most of us have been there. We just did not have the right word to describe that feeling until now! Great looking brisket!

Comment

Lookin gooood!

Comment

Proof that it takes as long as it takes. Nice cook!

Comment

Looks so delicious. You sure started out with a pretty brisket, nicely marbled with fat. Looks like Prime.

Kathryn

Comment

That's an awesome smoke ring!

Comment

What a plate!

Comment

Great job. I like the brisketdrunk! Then comes the blackout.

Comment

Great looking result, nice smoke ring as well. But up your temps and enjoy it sooner.

Comment

• marshall
                              marshall commented
                              Editing a comment
                              sooner would be nice, what temp. do u suggest?

• Troutman
                              Troutman commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I hardly ever cook anything, brisket, butts whatever, less than 275*. You can try as high as 300 or 325 but 275 seems to be my sweet spot. Most restaurants, since they have product to get on the table, cook at higher temps with excellent results.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here