Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Thanksgiving (Non-traditional)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Thanksgiving (Non-traditional)

Since I'm the house chef and I don't particularly like turkey, we're having prime rib today! Luckily Sobey's had AAA prime rib on sale this week. One in the sous vide for dinner, 1 cut into a 2 rib roast and a honking big bone-in rib eye steak, the 3rd cut into 2" thick rib eye steaks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	primerib1.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	755432

Name:	primerib2.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	755426

Name:	primerib3.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	755427

Name:	primerib4.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	755429

Name:	primerib5.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	755428

Name:	primerib6.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	755430

Name:	primerib7.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	755431

There some really good deals on prime rib this week.
    I can live with out buzzard too but got out voted....a nice junk of prime rib would look nice on the smoker about now instead of da boid.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Sobeys has both their AA and their Stirling Silver AAA prime ribs on this week. The AA is $5.87 lb and the AAA is $9.99 lb. I may go back and get some of the AA this week. 24 hours or so in the sous vide and you can't really tell the difference.

I don't see how that can be bad!! Looks great..

Comment

Some great looking meat there! Looks like TG a feast coming for sure.

I’m with you a bit on the turkey. I like it occasionally, but so we have to have it every dang holiday?? Apparently so, per the in-laws. And I’m the one designated to cook/smoke/roast it every dang time. Sheesh! My response is to give them their turkey, and then cook something I want, like what you’ve got going here.

Comment

And done and dusted. Since I can't eat potatoes now (bad for my blood sugar) we've got the prime rib, cauliflower rice, and buttery rosemary carrots done in the sous vide. It was yummy.

Name:	primedone1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	755584Click image for larger version

Name:	primedone2.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	755585

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like a superb dinner! Happy Thanksgiving!

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Sigh….and I had buzzard....frowny face

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          That's my kind of Thanksgiving!!looks FANTASTIC!!

Happy Thanksgiving....that looked delicious, great job.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, folks ...

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, Nice celebration. I also have give up the spuds, for the same reason.

Comment

I really like turkey, but I sure wouldn't complain if that was served. Nice cook. Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

Great looking food. You have me excited now looking forward to our holidays for the reason that our local stores only carry this cut during the holiday season. Going to have to stock up with enough to last the year because I’m not that big a fan of turkey anymore.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here