Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brisket cooking time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brisket cooking time

I am doing 2 briskets on a Rec Tec 12# and 14# both packer cuts.I normally do a 17 to 18# at 225* for about 16 to 20 ours to reach 205 degrees. Will the 2 hunks of meat take more or less time?

Depends on thickness and the bovine itself. Some of my heavier briskets end up being longer, and not that much thicker, so cooking time isn't that far off.

Another factor is probe tender. I had a really good, thick, Choice that made it to probe tender at 196 internal, before the thinner ones made it to probe tender at 205-ish. So those cooking times were almost the same. And that was the flat on a 16+ pounder compared to a 10 and an 11. Now the point on that big brisket took a loooong time to get over 200. It was VERY thick.

I prefer to over-guesstimate cooking time. A 2-3 hour rest for brisket is always welcomed.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; March 29, 2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      I learn with every @Jerod_Broussard comment!

PaulstheRibList Me too every time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here