Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freezing smoked brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing smoked brisket

Has anyone had any luck vacuum sealing a smoked brisket and freezing it for a few weeks before re-heating and serving? if so, can you share your technique?

I actually just reheated a half point for dinner last night. Vacuum sealed without slicing then I froze. I let it thaw in the fridge this week then I tossed it in the sous vide at 140 for a two hours. Finished in the oven at 425 for 15 minutes to revive the bark. It was great. Haven’t tried reheating the flat slices yet but I’m guessing I’m going to chop and nuke them for quesadilla or breakfast skillet fillings. They’ll probably come out dry no matter what.

Good luck!

Comment

I slice mine and then put several slices in a vacuum sealed bag along with some jus. To thaw, just reheat in the bag in boiling water.

Comment

I chill the leftovers first so the juices and fat cool, then slice, portion, bag, seal and freeze. Reheat hunk in microwave just until you can separate the slices, then quickly fry in a CI pan or put under the broiler.

Top slices with fried eggs and hollandaise is optional (but recommended).

Comment

Do it all the time. There just two of us so lots of planned overs. We just put in ziplock bags with some juice, get as much air out as possible and eat it once a week over the next couple of months. We use the defrost cycle on the microwave. Put it on a plate and cover with a paper towel for splatter control.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here