Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italian Beef sandwiches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Beef sandwiches

Click image for larger version

Name:	90F547E9-41FA-4B55-8E1B-2F6D7474F850.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	727706Click image for larger version

Name:	4910D1B2-9D47-4830-83EA-AB8C0CC861AA.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	727707 Was given a very large, about 15 pounds, chunk of beef and was challenged to "do something with it ". I love that challenge! Best I could determine was that it was a beef bottom round. Not the best cut, but workable. Did some research and decided to do Italian beef sandwiches. Made a rub with pepper, a little bit of red pepper flakes, garlic powder, basil, onion powder, and rosemary. Cooked on the large BGE at 325 till 130 internal. Cooled, foiled in aluminum pan, chilled in fridge over night. Caught and kept drippings for summer jus. Sliced thin this morning and put in toaster with sugar jus dripping minus fat, Worcester sauce and salt. Warmed a served with sautéed onions and green peppers. It was a big hit and had very little left over.
    Attached Files

Lookin' good!

Summer jus? Sugar jus?

Comment

• Keiferr
      Keiferr commented
      Editing a comment
      Just drippings, beef broth, salt, and water.

Very nice, sounds wonderful.

Comment

Looks great. I really want to do one, but I need some local volunteers to help eat it. I may surprise my wife while she's at a friend's pool and feed them all.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here