Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restaurants cooking Steaks at 1800 degrees...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurants cooking Steaks at 1800 degrees...

Here's how they do it... Check out this article:

That looks terrible, you can see from the bone that most of it shrank, had to squeeze out all the juicy goodness.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree... They use that technique because they can crank out a lot of steaks quickly. It's a shame to do that to aged beef!
      Last edited by Breadhead; March 15, 2015, 09:54 PM.

Thank cow got killed twice!!

Comment

Yikes! someone needs to tell him that black is not good.

Comment

It's definitely a bit charred!

Comment

That pic does not look good, however a high end steakhouse in my home town does their steaks over super high heat as well and they are divine, perfectly crusty on the outside and perfect medium rare on the inside.

Comment

I'd be a little embarrassed to serve a steak that looked like the main pic on that page.

Comment

Agreed, that looks terrible.

Comment

I don't think Pete Lugar's up in NYC burns their steaks like this place. That was the opposite of appetizing and if I had ordered that steak and paid some high end price for it, they'd be taking that steak back to the kitchen or I'd be outta there. What they did to that steak was a crime against steak lovers everywhere.

Comment

I agree the picture did not look good.....but that steak right out the NASA fueled oven looked really good.

Comment

Comment

• Ray
                      Ray commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jon Solberg, now that's some serious heat!!!!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here