Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket and Pulled Pork question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket and Pulled Pork question

I am smoking a brisket and shoulder for a family gathering the day before the event. What would the best way to store the meat so it doesn't dry out before I get it to the party?
    I have been to BBQ Restaurants and see they have the meat soaking in juice, broth, or whatever. What are they soaking this in?
    I ask them and it's such a secret, all I ever get out of anybody is that it's soaking in juice. Can anybody please help me?
    Thanks

What I do is save the drippings from both. The day you are serving, add the drippings as you warm to serve. For the pork, if you do not have enough, use apple juice. The beef, use beef broth.

Comment

I'd wrap the brisket, unsliced, in plastic wrap. Reheat in microwave, smoker, oven, SV, whatever you choose, and add the drippings back to the slices as needed. Pork, ziploc baggies or tupperware. Again, reheat as you wish and add the juices back if needed (if you wrapped and have juices saved) or water & butter.

Comment

Similar response as Huskee, I've gotten into the habit of re-heating via SV. It's difficult on large cuts, on the pork I would pull it, then vacuum seal in bags with its juices, then reheat in 160* bath. Pretty much the same with brisket, only separate the flat from the point to give you some working room. The SV re-heat will re-hydrate the meat, create some purge that you can process and pour over the meat.

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here