Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbelievable brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable brisket

After my crazy moldy kamado issue earlier today I threw the 12 pound packer on at 225-250 (crazy how it held the temp all day at 90 degrees with a bazillion % humidity). For this one i just did pink salt and cracked black pepper instead of Penzey's Chicago steak seasoning. I also didn't trim a piece of fat off (I usually take out 3-4 pounds of it). Let the naughty boy go for about 10 hours, powered through the basically non-existent stall, and wrapped him in foil then into a hot box for 2 hours when it hit 200.

While the egg was still hot and I had time to kill my daughter made her soon to be famous baked beans. I threw them in the egg to soak up the brisket smoke for 1.5 hours and they were amazing as always. No way I was turning on the oven in this heat! ​ ​

The brisket was unbelievable. Tender, juicy, and amazing flavor. The boss even was even impressed (not and easy feat). If I kept a BBQ log this one would be at the top of what TO do..... I just had to share!

Pics ?

Comment

Pix here, thought they uploaded with Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1561686653459.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	702573Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1561685797193.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	702574 the post.

Comment

Wow. Looks great

Comment

KA-BOOM....nice job, doubt there`s any leftovers.

Comment

The neighbors ate well, as did we!

Comment

While the egg was still hot and I had time to kill COMMA would have been helpful. When I first read it I wondered what she could possibly have done to deserve such a fate.

Comment

• Smoking77
                Smoking77 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a newborn at home who won't sleep at night, so I totally get it.

• holehogg
                holehogg commented
                Editing a comment
                ☺😊😃😂

• IowaGirl
                IowaGirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, geeze, that's exactly what I thought too. First read was shocking. The sentence made more sense after I took the time to parse the words.

rodkeary LMAO. I proofed it but apparently not good enough. Great catch brother! No way I would submit my future restaurant partner to an early demise!

Comment

Super fun!

Comment

Originally posted by rodkeary View Post
                  While the egg was still hot and I had time to kill COMMA would have been helpful. When I first read it I wondered what she could possibly have done to deserve such a fate.
                  I wondered if anybody else picked up on that.

Comment

Originally posted by rodkeary View Post
                    Whew! I can stop worrying about being charged as an accomplice or something now ...

Comment

• rodkeary
                      rodkeary commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If the homicide did indeed occur, I suspect the defense would be "guilty with an explanation your honor. I caught her dry brining the brisket".

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Comma? I read it just fine and would not have known had it not been mentioned.

Great cooks ins are super fun. You’ll be chasing that one for a while.

Comment

Why pink salt it is used for curing and can be dangerous if not used properly. Please be very careful in using it. Before I get upset about this what pink salt did you use. Praque #1.

Comment

• DiverDriver
                          DiverDriver commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yup I thought that as well. Then it hit me duh. HimElayin is a bitXh to spell.

• cjv140
                          cjv140 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Himalayan salt, not Prague powder. I don't mess with that stuff, not yet anyway. The HPS flavor is better chambers salt to me.

• mountainsmoker
                          mountainsmoker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good, just checking with all my curing pink salt means Prague powder, Himalayan din not even cross my mind. That brisket looks A++++

Looks like it came great! Congratulations!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here