Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The facts against dry-aged beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The facts against dry-aged beef

The rotten-er the better! Finished my last steak from another 45 day strip loin I did last year. Time to do another!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0428.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	700664

Did you or are you going to dry brine that?

asking for a friend.

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha 🤣

• AverageJoe
      AverageJoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      You can't put out fire eoth gasoline.. 🔥😆

🤣🤣🤣. Fantastic

Comment

So you're not against? You're confusing me man, not hard to do though.

Comment

• JimLinebarger
        JimLinebarger commented
        Editing a comment
        I think he doesn't not like to dry-age beef.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Tongue and cheek

Did you use Unami bags? I still have some that I need to use.

Not sure what I am waiting for.........

Looks tasty, btw!

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm think i have some og those bags too..

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Really? What are you waiting for?

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I am going to pick up a roast this weekend to get it done. Troutman

have you done a boneless rib primal yet?

Comment

Looks great Lon, good to see you posting again. Ate my last two ribeyes that were 40 day, I need to do another one soon. Got a grass fed brisket in the box getting all shoe leather like as we speak. August 1st will be 60 days, can't wait.

Show us those steaks cut up, always enjoy seeing that purple hewed meat !!!

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          how did the aged riveted turn out in the umai bags? How much pelicle did you have to trim, or did you? If so, did you grind it to make burgers?

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Aged what? riveted (sp?). As far as aging and pellicle I typically lose up to 30% in trim and moisture, not sure which is which. You lose a lot. I typically either grind the pellicle or fed it to the dogs, they love it.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here