Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Sear Tomahawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Sear Tomahawk

Costco Prime tomahawk ribeye smoked with Lumber Jack Competition Blend and then seared on the gasser. Outrageous!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2EC125F8-AE3B-438D-B7A9-51D0B5C192D3.jpeg
Views:	329
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	685607

Looks great. Even sideways. 😁

Comment

Looks delicious. Nice job!

Comment

very nice lookin'.

Comment

Now that is one good looking steak! Nicely prepared.

Comment

Looking good but how do you keep it from sliding off?

Comment

Good work. That is a great steak

Comment

Gorgeous and I bet delicious.

Comment

Looks like enough to share. Nice sear

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

We're also going the Tomahawk route tonight: 21-Day dry-aged in salt cave, Irish, 1.1kg (2 1/2lb). A sensible sprinkling and massage with Big Bad Beef Rub, 30 mins low, foil wrap, then 2 mins a side "Gates of Hades" searing: will upload pics if I haven't drowned in my own drool...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another trip to tomahawk town

Comment

• Tongmaster
                          Tongmaster commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ...and that's a "Bad Thing"...?! :-)

• Troutman
                          Troutman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No siree !!! Just the third tomahawk post is the last 2-3 days. But hey, let the fun begin !!!

Love costco prime meats, also just did one 2 days ago.

Comment

Not sure why there would be any negativity towards Tomahawks. I'm usually not one for "hipster" things, but I've been seeing these things in fancy restaurants for the past 10+ years (don't think I'd ever been to a "fancy" restaurant before that!). If you can find one priced decently, why not?? It's a HUGE ribeye! I found one of these at our local HyVee store (you may not have heard of them if you're not from Iowa or Nebraska 😊), and the butcher gave me a discount, making them $10.99/#, which is a good price on any good cut of meat. I smoked it, then reverse seared it on my gasser and it was amazing!
                          Just because it's not terribly common to find these in every grocery store doesn't mean we have to be uppity about them!

Comment

Slice169 : quite. What's wrong with *this* picture?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Slice169
                              Slice169 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Tongmaster only thing I see wrong with this picture is that it's still on the plate and not in your belly! 😂

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here