Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Reverse Sear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Reverse Sear

My niece has been staying with us while she attends Army training at Fort Sam Houston. She is being brought in as a Capt and will serve as a Family Nurse Practitioner. Recently was the honor grad at the basic officer leadership course at Ft Sill.

Tomorrow she begins 3 weeks in the field at Camp Bullis. They will have nothing to eat but MREs (Meals Ready to Eat). So tonight, we decided she should have a good meal. Got some Prime ribeyes from HEB and told her how to reverse sear them on the Weber 22. She used the Fireboard to monitor IT initially and finished with the Thermopen. Did a great job for her first attempt at reverse searing.

My wife did the garlic green beans and bread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribeye.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	664739

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribeyes.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	664740

That is a fantastic looking plate!

Comment

First thank her for her service. Next nice looking hunk of protein cooked to perfection.

Comment

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do. We are very proud of her.

I just ate and now I'm hungry again.

Comment

I vote for pix #2, although #1 has more meat, hmmm. 🕶

Comment

First .. tell her thank you for her service!! Second.. she did a fine job on that steak!! Looks great..

Comment

The first time I did a reverse sear I knew I had done my last "sear first" cook!

Comment

Nice job on the steak! Good luck to her and thanks for her service!

Comment

Congrats to her on her success in the Army and the Webber!

Comment

That looks like a ready to eat meal to me! Thanks for your service niece!

Comment

Outstanding !!! HEB steaks rule !!!!

Comment

Perfect!

Comment

Congrats to your niece for doing such a good job on those steaks. She's going to remember that meal for a long time, I'm guessing. I wish her well in her training and service.

Kathryn

Comment

Awesome looking steaks. Thanks to her for serving!

Comment

You must be very proud. We thank her for her service. The steaks look great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here