Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Center cut beef shoulder roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center cut beef shoulder roast

What the hell do i do with this thing? Got it from Moink at one point or other and just pulles it out the freezer. Can i treat it like a chuckie? Never cooked one before. Looks like a massive steak on steroids

I would say you are correct . If it is from the front shoulder it will be similar to a Chuck roast.. lots of connective tissue and fat..

Comment

I guess we will see. Got it on the kettle low and slow a la chuckie

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        It'll be good!

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. This is the first low and slow since i installed the pit viper with the DigiQ (thanks again Spinaker ) and also the maiden voyage of the thermoworks smoke. So far i like both a lot. Easy to use and seem pretty rugged.

So this was kind of disappointing. I think it may not have had the fat to stand up to low and slow. Flavor was there ans it was saved by the juices collected from the foil wrap. Overall all though it was def on the dry side. Win some lose some, if i cook this cut again i will try something different.

on the plus side...love the smoke and digiQ pit viper. Two very awesome pieces of bbq equipmwnt. I had zero problems with connectivity with the smoke. Coverage all over my house.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here