Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choice Rib Eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a 10" restaurant grade cimeter knife just for butchering from Amazon. It's very nice.

Comment

Some people are very skeptical about what they are actually buying from butchers or steakhouses that claim to have Kobe beef to sell. Wagyu... Not sure about that either...

It’s been almost two years since I wrote “Food’s Biggest Scam: The Great Kobe Beef Lie,” here at Forbes.com. That story became one of the most read food stories of the year, with well over a million views. But the playing field has changed significantly, so I am revisiting the topic with the new truth about the world’s most famous and coveted beef.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        It's good when you can see it in the case before buying it. Then you can surely tell what you're buying. But in a steakhosue? Boy you really could get taken advantage of if it was a shady place. A good Prime steak and a Wagyu may actually be difficult to tell apart if cooked properly, unless you've had it before to know.

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee...

I DO NOT ever order steak in a restaurant anymore... Ever!

When I can buy a 40oz Choice, bone-in, Ribeye for $15 at Albertsons and cook it better than most Steakhouse Chef's can... I'll order something that stands out on the menu that I can't do at home.

Breadhead Totally with you. I don't often either. A couple weeks ago I ordered a prime NYstrip with whipped gorgonzola on top, man was that incredible. Otherwise I usually lean toward seafood or something fancy we don't usually do at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
        Breadhead Totally with you. I don't often either. A couple weeks ago I ordered a prime NYstrip with whipped gorgonzola on top, man was that incredible. Otherwise I usually lean toward seafood or something fancy we don't usually do at home.

I only order steak at a steakhouse when I'm on the road and a) I don't have a grill and b) the company is paying for it.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Well... I might make an exception to that NEVER statement if someone else is paying. Especially if was USDA Prime beef.

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          It's good from time to time to check out what fine steakhouses produce. Lets me know I'm still on my game. lol

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here