Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef short ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef short ribs

Click image for larger version

Name:	626383CA-A35A-473C-A8A3-A936C26D36C1.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	645249Click image for larger version

Name:	BBB99DA9-B854-4609-BFE4-3863165803DF.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	645248Click image for larger version

Name:	93BBA301-F105-4820-B4E1-20C784276DBE.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	645247Click image for larger version

Name:	25F45514-DD56-4CA8-9806-AE7872736436.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	645246
    I visited our local market today to pick up a few things and after I got what was on my list I looked at the meat isle and Harry our local butcher had short ribs on which are hard to fiind around here so I picked up two packages to smoke today. I dry brined them then I added BBR and on to the smoker. I also picked up a package of sausages to cook as well. I notified my neighbour that the smoker was on and she brought down some chicken thighs so I was busy here are the pictures.
    My beef short ribs were very good but I noticed one thing when the meat was at 198F/smoker at 250F around 4:00 pm then the temp of the meat started drop, so I increased the smoker temp until it started to rise again and by the time beef ribs were done 203F I was over 300F. I am not sure what caused this I was cooking in Akron egg, the outside temp was a-3C today with little wind.

Evaporation, on larger hunks of meat, it's the stall. Looks great.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      happens any time the evaporation matches or exceeds the amount of heat energy the food absorbs. Hat it hit a chuckie at just shy of 190 once and last forever a few months back. Seen it as low as 150 too.

• Argoboy
      Argoboy commented
      Editing a comment
      My beef ribs were at 198F and then the meat temp slowly dropped to 194F and by that time I had increased the smoker heat and it started going up again. Does this sound like a stall?

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, exactly like one. Just a bit odd on that small a hunk of meat at that high a temp. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck....shoot it and see if it taste like a duck.

It all looks so good. Ribs look delicious and I could go for a few of those thighs on the side.

Comment

• Argoboy
      Argoboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I told my neighbour I got lucky again. This site has really upped my game,

As long as it turns out great...

Comment

This is the joint for cooking. That looks great, and you are the type neighbor I been looking for. None of my neighbors even have a grill, but I haven’t been feeding them either. I need to change that.

Comment

Looks like a nice cook Argoboy!

Comment

Ribs and thighs look great ! Ya a stall can be a pain in the butt .

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here