Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RD brisket chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RD brisket chapter 2

trimming removed about 6 pounds of fat. This thing had a thick fat cap, and a thick layer of fat in the point. It’s all in a cure now, for corned beef and cabbage day. Thevpoibt will likely become pastrami.

Anyhow about 10 pounds of brisket for $55 works our to $5.50/pound. Cheaper than anyplace else I know

I cut it into three chunks. Depending on how many people are showing up will determine how much will be corned beef and what will get smoked.

Chapter 3 is the best part. Actual cooking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	06F8F16A-ADAF-4FD0-BFA0-1D8EC8B99DE8.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	645144

Keep on posting! We're watching with baited breath, whatever that means.

Comment

Don't forget to add a guineas or two. Oh and some of that inferior Irish whisky (real men drink scotch and bourbon) for the authentic taste. ACTUALLY Irish don't eat corned beef and cabbage. It is an American dish. Just like spaghetti and meatballs. Still great though. I will most likely cook the same. Looking good.

Comment

• SmokeyGator
        SmokeyGator commented
        Editing a comment
        I do my corned beef in a slow cooker with a fine IPA. Might try a stout this year though.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I do just the same, but use GS. serve with potato hash (assuming the cabbage was added to the roast at the end) and an Irish creme cake.

SmokeyGator I haven’t seen you post lately. Dumb question what is RD?

Comment

• SmokeyGator
        SmokeyGator commented
        Editing a comment
        Resturant Depot. A wholesale store only open to businesses, culinary schools and students, or members of clubs such as Kansas City BBQ Association.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here