Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half Brisket

I bought a half brisket at Giant and want to smoke it for around a 1 pm dinner time tomorrow. I’ve done whole briskets of varying weights, but never bought one or done one like this. I have a camp chef 24 se pellet grill that I’d like to do it on. It’s 19 degrees right now with a high of 24 degrees by 11 am. I’m not experienced smoking in the winter. I do not have a grill insulation cover. Does anyone have any advice on what time to put this thing on??
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron J; January 12, 2019, 09:27 AM.

Its 3:30AM where I am so I am not going to text. It all depends on thickness, I have found the cooking in the winter only changes the cooking time a bit, you just need to refuel more. I would suggest making sure you have 12 hours, if you need to use a faux cambro its fine.

How do caterers hold cooked meats safely for so long? It's called a hotbox or Cambro and you can make a faux Cambro with a simple beer cooler. It's the secret to resting large cuts of BBQ like brisket, pork butts, and whole turkeys while keeping them warm and transporting them. Here's how to set up a faux Cambo.

Comment

I see it is a choice flat...it should be on the smoker before 4am. Less than 5 lbs. then let it faux Cambro by 11 am.
      Another idea is get it on and get some smoke on it to the stall and slap it in the oven inside if needed

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It turned out ok. One of these days I’ll spring for a wagyu from SRF...
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like that brisky turned out great, Ron J . Congrats.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here