Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking my first Umai dry-aged steak tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking my first Umai dry-aged steak tonight

Longest month of my life. I dry aged an entire ribeye roast for 29 days, then sliced it up to 2" thick steaks. I am cooking the first one tonight, using the smoke then sear on a cast iron skillet method laid out here:
    Create grilled steaks as good or better than they do in the best expensive steakhouses with this comprehensive how-to and recipe. From selecting the right cut and beef grade to smoking and searing on the grill, you'll be grilling up mouthwatering steaks for your family and guests in no time!

I'm going to do another post about the whole dry-aging process, with pics and everything, but I was just too excited about this steak. It's currently at 67F in my G2 Chubby.

Can't wait to see it. Several of us here dry age using Umai. Dang great process.

Comment

Lookin' forward to the photos and write up.

Comment

Pretty freaking awesome. Best steak I ever cooked. Hands down.

These pics are of my sear. I put a cast iron pan on top of coals for 20 mins, prior to the sear. When I would flip (every 60 secs), I would move to the hotter side of the pan each time.

WELL worth the wait.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	618750Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	618751

Comment

It’s the easiest way to get even better steaks!

Umai bags are awesome!

Comment

Looks delicious. Not a huge fan of dry aged when I have tried in restaurants, but I bet done at home is much better.

Comment

That looks mighty fine!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here