Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cook time question about beef back ribs on PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cook time question about beef back ribs on PBC

Scored some more nice meaty beef back ribs the last time Publix had boneless rib roasts on sale. In the past I've always smoked these in the vertical propane smoker at 225º - 250º for 4-5 hours or until a probe slips easily between the bones. My daughter wants to try them on the PBC, so I looked at the PBC web page where it says cook one hour, sauce and cook another half hour. That sounds way to short to me, but who am I. fzxdoc 's https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ts-if-possible post says 2.5 hours at 280º. Anybody have any thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	beef.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	600329

I cook them slower, indirect on a horizontal grate. A sear at the end gets that great Maillard taste.

I haven't done beef ribs in a PBC. The fact that the PBC is notorious for running a bit hotter makes beef ribs the one thing I'd be hesitant to cook that way. Poultry, roasts, butts - stuff 'em in.

That said, I don't think the times are off because of the way the PBC cooks. You'll have to let us know what you do...

(the shank is for the Boxer... and he knows it.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Performer Cook 2-A.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	600334

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here