Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrister DEW's Best BBQ Beef Brisket - First Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks great. So what will you do different next time?

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Let it go longer before wrapping for one. I might use the Harry Soo scratch test. I was aware if l of it this time but chickened out over fear of dried out meat. Also, maybe put less liquid in to crutch with.

Looks pretty good to me. It's normal for bark to soften after crutch and rest. What final temp did you take it to?

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      I unwrap at 200 and put back in smoker and take to 203-205. I rewrap and let it rest about 2 hrs

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great info, DW. Thanks.

• Marauderer
      Marauderer commented
      Editing a comment
      DW, what is it resting in? A cambro?

Here's a link to my Evernote Cooking Journal for this cook. Thanks to whoever it was that first came up with this idea here (Nick the Investor?) https://www.evernote.com/shard/s41/s...bfe19ce48f9308

Comment

So, does it need to be wrapped at all?

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a good question, Barry. Meathead says it does and who am I to argue as I have never cooked one before. He says to inject, wrap and crutch, especially if you are just doing a HOF, which I was. So I would likely wrap again, but only after letting the bark fully harden.

Here's a pic of my last brisket , Dew

Comment

That looks gorgeous, DW.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here