Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finished brisket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finished brisket!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181110_105724.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	591147Click image for larger version

Name:	20181110_181105.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	591148Click image for larger version

Name:	20181110_181913.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	591149 First brisket turned out really good, everyone seemed to genuinely like it! I did loose a lot of the juices out of the foil when I wrapped it but it was still very juicy, the only other thing is the bark turned soft, but im super happy with the results and cant wait to improve on the next cook, it was better than a lot of "bbq" places ive had.... I could not have done it with out finding this website and the real time help from those who helped walk me through parts of it...thanks to all and happy bbq in.

total cook time 13hrs. about 2 1/5 rest time

Love it, "better than BBQ places" is really cool. That’s where this site is worth every penny. Good lookin cook! It’s fun isn’t it? Continue to wow em.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      + 1

• Fire Art
      Fire Art commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 too

Well done and congratulations on your first brisket.

Comment

Great work on your first brisket!

Comment

Nicely done!! I would have never tied to do a brisket if it weren't for this site.

Comment

• snowswamp
          snowswamp commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto. Brisket, bacon, pork butt, etc all thanks to AR.

Very nice. Nobody complains about a smoked tender product done right. You can let her ride next time until you get the bark you want, and ignore internal temperature until you get the bark you want.

Comment

• marshall
          marshall commented
          Editing a comment
          but does wrapping and holding soften the bark?

Great lookin’ briskey for your cherry cook !!!

Comment

Ain't it really sweet when it turns out like that? And you have the right attitude too - good, but I can improve.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

So glad for you! Keep cooking and sharing!

Comment

You've reached a passage of Pitmaster when you rule the brisket! Great job! Next time instead of foiling put that thing in a foil pan and don't cover it. A little moisture of your choice in the bottom of the pan. I use dark beer but it could be beef stock or anything else. You won't lose a drop of those juices and you will have some great au jus!

Comment

Very nice Brisket! Congratulations on your success!

Comment

Good job. Next time if you don't want the bark as soft, wait to wrap until after the stall, say 180 or so. Be sure to save those juices in the foil to drizzle over the meat too. Your first turned out way better than my first, I'll tell you that!

Comment

You can also remove it from the foil or open it up for the last hour to dry the bark.

Comment

I wrapped my last two in butcher paper at 180*. It really helps the bark and speeds up cooking time. Best of both worlds! Yours looked awesome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here