Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Witehouse Fall Extravaganza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witehouse Fall Extravaganza

It's that time of year again. Fall extravaganza time. Triming briskets, injecting, dry brining and prepping for the food police. Hands cramping, and still have 4 briskets left, lol. Thank goodness sausage needs no prep. If your in the neighborhood, come by and visit this Saturday from 1130-1330 at the Methodist church fellowship hall. $10 for a BBQ plate and entrance to the live auction. Pictures to come. So far over 150 tickets sold.
    Last edited by texastweeter; November 2, 2018, 12:11 AM.

Oh man, if I were there I'd be there!

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      We got to make this happen sometime, brother.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      It's on the list, TT!

It's been a long day... Food police come by to inspect kitchen and food trailer tomorrow at 0830. Briskets trimmed, injected, butterballed, dry brined, and plastic wrapped. Rubs made up, and sauce simmering on stove. About to go midevil on a 2lb bone in pork ribchop, and some string beans, then crash.
    Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I need you to settle the age old debate my brother and I have over trimming. Your photo shows two things that I do that my brother does not and we argue about it. I put my finger on the back of the blade. He says "Not acceptable" I trim both towards me and away from me. He says "trim always away". These photos are awesome for proof how "experts" do it!

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      watch a professional butcher, they cut towards them as much as they do away. wear a heavy duty apron to prevent nics. There ate TONS of grips to use when butchering, each has its application. By putting my finger on the back i have a lot of horizontat til control, usefull for trimming silverskin. tbob4

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I sent him a photo last night with nothing more than the word "proof!" He hasn't responded!

Man,
    Now I'm really homesick!!!

Comment

Waitin on the food police...
      Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Great rig!

Good times!

Comment

Some of the best food I have eaten has come from church halls and church parking lots. I really do wish I lived closer so I could attend.

Comment

Best of luck Tweeter. Wish I had the time to make the trip north, perhaps another time brother !!!

Comment

The briskets got their rub down and are now in the smoke sauna. Time for me and dad KenC52 to spend some quality time together.
            Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              As if you don't know, cherish the time with your Dad. I'm sure many of us would echo that.

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              CaptainMike agreed. Its odd these days, callin my dad KenC52 what i called his dad, Papaw.

A BIG batch of brownies, some chips, a couple action shots, and one with my son who is out here with me for the long haul tonight. Yeah, that is a size 13 shoe wearin, 6 foot 7 inch, 170lb 12 year old...SASQUATCH SIGHTING!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Crutched up, lazy man style!
              Attached Files

Comment

Briskets resting, wiped down counter tops, took trash to dumpster. Wow, i am whupped. 1030 slice time, chow at 1100...
                Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "All systems GO, Pittsburg...

Yer cleared fer Launch..."

Good Luck, an God Spede!!!!

Great, great stuff. Looks like a ton of work and an absolute blast.

Comment

Wow, this is really cool. Looks and sounds like a great time. Nice rig too! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Sold out. Live band killed it, and the kitchen volunteers were awesome! Was a huge success. $7,000 raised! Sorry it took so long for the final pics, after 5 hours of sleep in 3 days, I needed a nap! Next year will be even bigger (and not on opening weekend)!!! Special thank you to Mom, and Dad KenC52 for all the help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here