Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Chucky right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Chucky right

Click image for larger version

Name:	5ED4A27D-40F9-43FD-AA0D-39A51FB37DC7.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	568550Click image for larger version

Name:	F9B9393F-700C-4512-8E01-C2C5C69974AB.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	568551Click image for larger version

Name:	646B452E-2984-4518-9758-A15AFA1751E4.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	568549Click image for larger version

Name:	BCD704A4-1B42-4247-B307-8CFF5FE6D9C7.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	568548 Last chuck roast I did got thrown away. It was dry and tough. See ya chuck! So I read and researched here and Meatheads book and tried again. Dry brined with kosher salt for a couple hours, injected with beef broth from bouillon, a little more salt, pepper and garlic powder all over, then suspended it on a baking grill grate over an aluminum pan to catch drippings. Set BGE at 225 with some jack Daniels barrel chunks for smoke. Pulled it at 160 internal, put in pan, put the rest of the beef broth with some Worcestershire and soy sauce, wrapped tight in foil and put it back on. Pulled at 205 internal and put it on warm (170) in the oven. It was done about 2 hours earlier than I expected, so I also thin sliced potatoes, put them in an aluminum pan with milk, butter, and garlic powder, put them on the Egg. Covered with cheese about half an hour before pulling. It all came out great! Meat was butter knife slice tender, very moist, and savory! Will do this again!

Yummy.

Comment

I would say yes you did

Comment

Happy ending = happy eating.

Comment

I love chuckys and now I need to do another one.

Comment

Going to try a chucky soon and this a great help. Thanks!!

Comment

When it’s ready to pan try setting it on a bed of onions and peppers with your liquid and cover it. Gets a big flavor boost IMO.

Comment

Sounds delicious. Congrats on Conquering the Chuckie.

Kathryn

Comment

Sounds and looks fantastic!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here