Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea to Cook Top Round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea to Cook Top Round?

I picked up a Top Round London Broil yesterday, about 2 pounds. It's being dry brined now. If the weather holds out I would like to cook on the Weber LXII. I know from what I've read, it's typically a tough cut. So, looking for suggestions on method to cook. If weather doesn't cooperate, I can SV it. I've read it's a 12 hour cook. That takes care of tonight's dinner.

Thanks!

Just cooked up a rump roast the other day. I dry brined it and put it in my Traeger on highest setting (360 Degrees) for about 20 min. Turned the temp down to 180 for about 2 hours...internal temp 140. I left the door open to get the unit down in temp.
    I then SV @ 121 degrees for 23 hours. Put in ice bath then freezer (1 hour) so I could slice it thinly with my slicer. Made great roast beef sandwiches.

Comment

I'd be inclined to SV with some pre-smoke too. If only because when I have taken that course, it's turned out surprisingly well.

Comment

Pre-smoke, Sous vide then smoke to finish, it's the only way to go .....

Comment

Baltimore Pit Beef or Italian Sandwiches, both recipes on the free side. I end up eating the Pit Beef as regular roast beef since the times I've done it, it has just been for me. Take to 130*, sear, slice very thin. Pretty good eating with a pretty cheap cut either way you do it.

Comment

• smn1285
            smn1285 commented
            Editing a comment
            Couldn’t agree more! BMore Pit Beef turns out so good. Don’t forget the onions and horseradish sauce!

Thanks for the suggestions. Weather is not good, so no outdoor cook. Will SV it late tonight for 12 hours. Ice Bath and in fridge till ready to finish. Will season with Big Bad Beef Rub. I'll post results if a success.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            you've got this covered. Pics please!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here