Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef jerky on my Kamado recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef jerky on my Kamado recipe?

Anyone have success making jerky on their Kamado? I just ordered a bag of AC LEGG jerky seasoning then lost the recipe that called for it! Advice appreciated!

Sorry, but never done jerky. Some one should be able to help.

Comment

I have done teriyaki jerky several times. Get a very very lean cut of meat and cut thin long strips. I then marinate in teriyaki sauce overnight. then I clean out the firebox and place my A-MAZE-N pellet smoker in the fire box loaded with pellets. light it up and smoke indirect. I lay the beef slices out all over and use a extender as well. Oh and its important to wipe off the moisture on each beef slice with paper towel. Then let it run for 3-4 hours . It really will have all the smoke it needs and then some so you can either snuff out the pellets or just finish in the inside oven low for another few hours.

Comment

I made some jerky a few years back, I used the recipe pictured below. It was incredible. I was the king of the camp. I made this in my kamado, just make sure you don't go over 160 F, or the jerky will be tough as show leather.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image_22793.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	538410

Here is the Original thread if you wanna look through it. There is some great information there.
        Last edited by Spinaker; July 26, 2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Looks good how long did it take?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here