Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

half done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

half done

Cooking a 9lb brisket...the point is perfect at 203 but the flat is still 170. I would really appreciate any suggestions on what to do.

What type of cooker. You could try rotating it so the flat is near the heat. Are you sure on where your checking on the point not in the fat

Comment

It’s a camp chef smoke pro. I checked multiple spots on the point and was getting pretty consistent readings around 200 while multiple spots on the flat were all around 170. I rotated the brisket but just concerned I will still over cook the point to get the flat to temp.

Comment

Is the point probe tender. Maybe try tenting the point with foil

Comment

Sounds worth a try...thanks!

Comment

Takes a lot to dry out or tighten up a point, if anything, you will be able to pull it.

Comment

ive been known to use my knife

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Good idea, cut the point end off and continue cooking the flat. Put the point in a cambro and let it rest, that's IF it's probe tender and seems to be done.

I never worry about overcooking a point when it is connected to the flat. If it was a problem no restaurant would cook them whole.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here