Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRF Wagyu and some surf to go with it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRF Wagyu and some surf to go with it!

Today was the day. I knew all the kids were occupied for the weekend out at friends places on the lake or gone camping somewhere. All our other friends who are threats to stop by randomly were as far as we could tell were all occupied. Just the wife and I so out came the Wagyu cap of rib eye from SRF. I made some shrimp coated in lemon infused olive oil and seasoned with a citrus and chili spice and threw them on the flatop. Baby bella mushrooms sauteed in red wine and butter with a maple garlic seasoning.

Here it is. All I used was the salt and pepper blend that SRF sent along with the beef. Seasoned it about 90 minutes before cooking.

​

I fired up Wreckless for this just under 23 ounce piece of beef!

​

On the smoker at about 225 for some smoke.

It was getting close to my target temp of about 126 so I pulled it covered it in foil for a minute while I built up the fire and got ready for the reverse sear. Meanwhile I got the Camp Chef going for shrimp and sauteeing the mushrooms. This is why I like the Camp Chef camp stove. A flat top and so much more!

Click image for larger version

Name:	R Wagyu griddle.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	528703

Time to get the reverse sear on the cap of rib eye.​

Name:	RS Wagyu.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	528704

Plated up and in my belly shortly after!

Name:	R Wagyu plated.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	528705

This was the most amazing cut of beef I have ever had! Melted in your mouth like butter. Next time screw the shrimp just give me that beef! It's going to be hard to go back to regular grocery store beef!
    Expensive? Dang right! Worth it? Hell yeah! I'll be doing this again!

Even the wife who sometimes these things are lost on her was astounded at the remarkable texture and taste of this cut of beef.

Beautimous! But I'd keep the shrimp in the mix!

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
      Frozen Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      You're probably right about the shrimp EdF ! I had planned to serve them over a bed of roasted parmesean onions in a white wine sauce but I backed off that at the last minute thinking it would be too rich and I wanted more belly room for that beef!
      Glad I made that call!

Congrats man. That looks incredible. Im with you...lose the shrimp

Comment

Great lookin' cook, but next time please put the beef on the near side of the plate.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
        Frozen Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        You are so right! I was in a hurry to put fork to mouth at that point and not thinking photographic technique!

I wanted to add that I really liked the Jacobson black pepper sea salt mix. As soon as i opened the jar I could smell the freshness of the sea salt and the pungent freshness of the black pepper. It was the perfect ratio of sea salt and black pepper. Very handy having it already blended. The perfect match for the rib eye cap!

They have all sorts of sea salt blends. Here is a link to their site if anyone is interested.
      A salt grain for every dish. Whether baking, roasting, seasoning, or finishing, our pure sea salts are an essential part of every pantry, stovetop, and cooking project.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here