Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fajitas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fajitas

Looking for a good recipe for beef for fajitas on a pellet grill/smoker. Whatcha got??!!

I think some tortillas might be a good start.

Comment

• Blackshirt BBQ
      Blackshirt BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Captain!

• Black99vette
      Black99vette commented
      Editing a comment
      Margaritas first

don't forget the beef

Comment

I understand what a fajita is made of. Not looking for sarcasm.

Comment

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        If you type fajitas in the search I think you will find what your looking for

• Blackshirt BBQ
        Blackshirt BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried that

I wet the skirt steak with fresh squeezed lime juice. Then sprinkle liberally with chili powder or Tony Chacere's if you want a little more kick. I almost always use the latter. I cook them hot and quick, rather than low and slow. Be sure to slice in the correct direction or you will have tough chewing.

Comment

Understand you are grilling them, but if you cook the meat and /or veggies in a pan add some white wine. Some will use white wine vinegar with Worcester Sauce. Marinating the flank steak will help.

Comment

This is my current favorite recipe:

Rach brings back a favorite from when she was a kid: fajita night!

Comment

I/my family love fajitas. Honestly, if you're using skirt, or even flank steak, they are so thin, you're not going to get a ton of benefit from dry rubs or marinades. My strong recommendation would be to simply dry brine your meat with sea salt then cook it HOT and fast over direct heat. While the meat is resting, cook your onions and peppers in the cast iron. Once the meat is rested, slice into fajita strips, toss with the veggies and warm up over light heat. I like to add a touch of soy sauce and lime juice to give it that natural fajita au jus. A last recommendation would be to substitute poblano peppers for bell peppers. Top with a good fire roasted salsa and maybe some home made guac and a side of grilled zucchini and slow roasted beans and you're good to go!

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Homemade Guac. Is there anything better? I could die every time I eat it.

I am no expert on Fajitas, sorry I cannot help you here. It looks like pmorse36 has given you a pretty good recipe!

If you would like Meathead's take, he seems to be a pretty big fan of Bobby Flay's recipe. It uses turkey, but I am sure you could sub steak and definitely chicken.

Best of luck. Let us know what you come up with! Maybe we need to expand our horizons a little bit and look into this more. This would be awesome on a flat top!

Comment

I like flank steaks. I salt mine and put a little canola or olive oil them after dry brining for an hour. Cool on high heat - they cool fast. Depending on my mood I sometimes sauté the veg in cast iron or grill them in a grill basket. I season them liberally with a mix of dried chili’s, garlic, and salt and olive oil. Make some fresh guacamole and salsa. If summer and good tomatoes are available I’ll make some Pico too.

For the tortillas i like like flour tortillas that I brush lightly with olive oil, a bit of salt and pepper and grill them lightly.

Good luck.

GBR

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here