Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anothe Chuckie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anothe Chuckie

Been cooking a lot of Chuck Roast lately. Trying different rubs, cook temps, Internal temps, wrapping or not, panning with veggies. Do this time I did a 4 day dry brine with salt only. Took it out of the fridge and it looked like red leather and was VERY dry. So needless to say I didn’t have high hopes for this one.
    it’s been so darn hot and humid here I didn’t feel like getting the kettle going so I used my gas smoke vault.
    I gave the chuckie a little spritz with water, added some BBBR and used some pecan wood for the smoke. Ran a tad hotter than I wanted at 240. Hit an IT of 175 and did a double foil wrap with a touch of beef broth. After a total of 7 hours it was 203 and very tender so she was pulled and wrapped in towels for 3 hours. Man what a tasty piece of beef!!!! This is my lunch for the next couple days.

Yep she’s really dry...Ha.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	513B2476-CBE1-4387-A7BB-CE6528C9BFD6.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	525271

Look at that juice!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6E189DB7-A527-4257-B772-AE5F7B96EC32.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	525272

Beautiful Chuckie, amigo!

Comment

Well done.

Comment

Chuckies are very forgiving and a nice cut of beef at a decent price. Glad it turned out for ya looks great!

Comment

Looks like you did everything right. Congrats on a tasty 'n tender outcome.

Kathryn

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
            Dadof3Illinois commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. I started the dry brine process Tuesday night and cooked it Sunday. Came out of the fridge looking and feeling very tough and leather like. Came off the smoker super tender and moist.

Got some in my freezer but may have to wait for next weekend.

Comment

Inspring me to pull a chuck or two out of the deep freeze to supplement the hamburgers and hotdogs and chicken on the 4th...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here