Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery beef

Click image for larger version

Name:	96B35AB2-5C32-4973-826E-3325DFAAA6B0.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	523646Click image for larger version

Name:	074F8630-58B1-433D-B13D-5DFF64899B9E.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	523647 P I posted a couple pictures of a piece of beef that I was given to cook a couple days ago. Figured out that it was either rid meat that was boneless or it was strips that were boneless. Never did figure out exactly what it is. Cooked it today by smoking it for two hours at 225 till an internal temperature of 130. Then I took it off and put it in the pan with some cheap beer and wish to share sauce and covered it and put it on to braise for about six hours. Looks like we’re going to have pulled beef tomorrow.

Nice job on yer Mystery Cook, an Kudos fer helpin out our Veterans, wherever ya might be!
    Sometimes, we need it, real bad...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many Thanks!
      Wish Ya Were Here, Brother, if ya ain't already! Keiferr

• Keiferr
      Keiferr commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones; I'll have one in your honor tomorrow afternoon!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers! I'll nurse my beddy-bye daily shot of bourbon in yer honor!
      One more day of Benji-plus fun in th Sun, then same, same, this weekend...

I haven't tried anything but ribs of all kinds and pork shoulders in a table top roaster with beer, usually overnight (and usually before a football Sunday). I've done nothing at all like a big hunk of beef.

How'd it come out? I drink craft, so I shamelessly use Bud for my braising (missus doesn't like Guinness - too bad because I can nail a good coddle). For barking first, if it's headed to braising I just salt it then add some liquid smoke to the beer bath to keep that taste infused. No complaints so far...

Comment

• Keiferr
      Keiferr commented
      Editing a comment
      I went even worse than Bud; needed cheap beer gone stale for mosquito repellent so I got Hamms for $4 a six pack. Used that with who's your sister sauce and it came out tasty.

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't had Hamms since I was in college, and that was before electricity caught on...

I still say a boneless rib section. Not strips, those would be from the loin.

Comment

• Keiferr
      Keiferr commented
      Editing a comment
      It pulled/fell apart like a pork shoulder, so I think it's rib meat. Whatever it is it'll be eaten for lunch tomorrow.

I believe that may be a whole ribeye, but I am no expert

Comment

Who cares. It’s beef. err we think. And it will be delicious. I’m game to try it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here