Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrister DEW's Best BBQ Beefribs (short) - Version #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OGMrWhite View Post
    Those look mighty tasty to me.

Someone recently gave me some grass fed short ribs, but they are all individual bones (already cut). Do you guys think they would still smoke well? or should I just be safe and braise them?
    They'll be fine as long as you follow the recommended technique, here's Meathead's recipe for smoked Texas style short ribs. And if you were to decide to braise them he has a recipe for braised short ribs too.

Comment

• OGMrWhite
      OGMrWhite commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome thanks. My wife doesn't believe that I can do the short ribs in the smoker so I want to prove her wrong. She thinks SR need to be braised.

I have a friend with a pellet smoker. He says he always cuts them into individual ribs and they come out good. As for my cook, let me be clear: I am an incredibly harsh critic of my own cooking. I always expect it to come out great, not just good. When it doesn't, I debrief relentlessly. These ribs came out good, but not great. They tasted great, but were drier than I expected. They weren't "saw dust" dry by any stretch, just a little overcooked.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here