Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf and Turf Skewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf and Turf Skewers

I typically buy a whole tenderloin at one of our local Asian markets (they sell it cheap, don't think they know how to price it), and I steak out the center. I then take the ends and what meat I harvest from the chain and do kabobs. We had some shrimp in the freezer ready to be cooked so I decided to combine the tenderloin chucks with the shrimp and do surf and turf skewers. Skewers are one of those things that take a long time to prepare but cook up quickly. It's a good meal to prepare and have refrigerated for the week, it's a quick dinner that way!!

Anyway I digress, the meat was marinated for 2 hours in a combination of soy and Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and a little kick of cayenne. The shrimp was marinated along side it in a muddling of basil, sage, lemon thyme, lemon zest, coarse salt and about 5 cloves of garlic. Made into a paste with some olive oil, juice of one whole lemon and Lea & Perrins for chicken and fish sauce, it was tossed in with the shrimp.

So let's start the skewer assembly ......

Click image for larger version

Name:	skewers 01.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	514741

..... all dressed up with a drizzle of olive oil and some seasoning, ready for their appearance with my gasser .....

Name:	skewers 02.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	514742

Name:	skewers 03.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	514743

Name:	skewers 04.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	514744

...I prefer to use my Phat Mats for skewers (really all seafood and veggies) to avoid any grate sticking and help defuse the heat for more even cooking. I'm absolutely sold on them ....

Name:	skewers 05.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	514745

.... 20 minutes with all burners turned on and LOW and we were done and eating ......

Name:	skewers 06.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	514746

Name:	skewers 07.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	514747

TROUTMAN STEVE IS OUT !!!!

Yummy fer da tummy!

Comment

That's the way to do it.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Beautiful! Nice write-up and presentation.

Comment

Great cook! I seldomly do skewers, got stuck in low n slow I think, but your cook and photos sure look tasty! I need to get back into direct grilling again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here